Grimwood Road Garden Site: help to find new uses for the Garden Site
Grimwood Road Garden Site TW1 1BY, DROP-IN OPEN SESSION, ALL WELCOME, FREE. SATURDAY 20TH NOVEMBER 9 A.M. – 11 A.M.
- Local People: how could the garden be best used for the local community?
- Voluntary and Community Organisations: could the garden be a resource for the people whom you benefit?
Grimwood Road garden site includes a greenhouse and horticultural space in the grounds of the Twickenham Training Centre (also known as the Twining Centre) at 53 Grimwood Road, Twickenham TW1 1BY. The site at Grimwood Road is owned by London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Out of use since 2018, the garden site could become a not-for-profit horticultural resource for learning and enjoyment of the community, benefiting people who live or work in the Borough. Habitats & Heritage is helping to engage with local people and organisations about future uses.
At this stage the garden could:
- Provide a horticultural resource for learning and enjoyment of the community
- Be used as a place to promote physical and emotional wellbeing for people who need support and better social inclusion.
- Be managed and used by one or more not-for-profit organisations
- It is expected that use would be primarily by voluntary sector groups rather than private individuals seeking allotments
- It is unlikely that the garden could be used as a commercial growing space although its use could involve social enterprise
- The garden surrounds Twickenham Training Centre at the end of a residential road and any proposal would need to consider local impact
This Open Day is part of an engagement process that will lead to bringing the garden back into use for the local community. To find out more or to be kept informed of the project please contact Stephen James. Future updates about the garden site will also be posted on the site fence at the end of Grimwood Road. Phone Number: 07984 732950. Email address: email@example.com
The email address we provided previously had some issues. If you have emailed and not had a response, please contact us again with apologies for your inconvenience, at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data use statement – Grimwood Road Garden site: Data provided by you in relation to the project being managed by Habitats & Heritage to reactivate the Grimwood Road Garden site will be used and shared between Habitats & Heritage and Richmond Council to support the development and implementation of the project, and in order to keep you informed on work being carried out in relation to this project. Details of the Privacy Policies of Richmond Council and Habitats & Heritage can be viewed here: https://www.richmond.gov.uk/data_protection, https://habitatsandheritage.org.uk/privacy-policy/