Friends of Parks groups
Friends of Parks groups are independent voluntary groups set up at community level that work in partnership with the local authority to enhance, improve and promote parks. Inclusive and diverse groups that represent all aspects of the community achieve greater credibility, can help solve problems, increase awareness, and bring in funding for improvements and initiatives not available to the local authority.
South and west London has some amazing green spaces, ranging from local authority managed parks and recreation grounds to nature reserves, community orchards and allotments as well as sites managed by the National Trust, English Heritage, Royal Parks, Kew Gardens and many independent organisations and charities.
Local authorities in the UK have no legal duty to provide for or look after parks and green spaces so community involvement is a vital way to protect and enhance these vital green spaces.
If you are looking to set up a new project, expand and grow an existing one, network, fundraise or troubleshoot issues then talk to us about how we can help.
We provide extensive support to environmental groups in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and run the quarterly Hounslow Friends of Parks’ Groups Forum. We also work with groups in Ealing and Kingston. To find a group near you see our Partners & groups page.
Habitats & Heritage can support by:
- Providing support and advice via telephone and email
- Providing template constitutions and policies
- Helping you develop your own website through our e-voice platform
- Providing training and support in areas including setting up and using social media, websites, creating e-news circulars etc.
- Providing a geographical address (our office) should you need one
- Facilitating networking opportunities with other groups in the region and access to our online forum to share ideas and good practice
- Signposting and connecting to specialist support services, such as legal advice
- Promoting group events through our website and social media sites/platforms
- Helping to find and secure funding
- Running an organisational/group health check and help you develop areas if needed
- Lending items for free from our library of resources (based at our offices in Twickenham)
- Access to our bespoke Crowdfunding platform for environmental projects.
Groups can also receive our regular e-news bulletins providing news, information on good practices, funding sources and much more.
If you are looking for support in starting or developing a group, please get in contact with email@example.com
Make a difference
We need your help to take care of the local landscapes, heritage, wildlife and ecosystems of south and west London and ensure we can protect and enhance them for future generations.
Keep in touch!
Sign up for our newsletter and be first to hear all the news, opportunities and events from the Habitats & Heritage community