We’re looking for young people who have a passion or interest in their local environment, nature and the climate; who have a vision of how young people can lead change and share innovative ideas. Young people who care about their local environmental impact and what to make a change. Those with a keen interest in nature, gardening, energy, climate and heritage. Whether you are thinking about a career in the environmental sector or not.
Tasks will include:
- Attend quarterly steering group meetings (In person and/ or online)
- Share thoughts, opinions and to have your say.
- Opportunity to get involved in other areas of the charity, including other nature conservation work.
Benefits to you:
- This is a great opportunity for someone committed to conserving the natural and built environment and people wanting to give back to their local community.
- Throughout the year there will be opportunities to receive 121 support from Habitats & Heritage staff, training and experience on practical environmental projects, and the opportunity to meet likeminded young people from your local area.
- You will also master important skills that you can use outside of the steering group. By collaborating with staff members, you will learn about the inner workings of a local charity and gain relevant environmental experience
We are committed to making the Habitats & Heritage Youth Steering Group as accessible as possible, but you must fulfil the following requirements.
- You are aged 14-25
- You are committed to attending the 4 meetings (in person or online)
- You are passionate about local environmental matters and getting more young people involved.
- You are local to/ familiar with the south and west London area
Please read the full description for this role here: H&H Youth Steering Group Volunteer
How to apply:
To express interest in this role please email Fran Batt at Francesca@habitatsandheritage.org.uk