Role title: Co-opted Member, Fundraising & Communications Committee
Direct report: Chair of FCC
Time commitments: Attend Fundraising & Communication Committee (FCC) meetings (normally six times a year). In addition, sufficient time to respond to emails, read and comment on reports and/or generate and process documents and papers and attend fundraising events as appropriate.
Remuneration: The post is voluntary and not remunerated.
Location: Meetings are normally held virtually or in hybrid format at the charity’s office – ETNA Community Centre, 13 Rosslyn Road, Twickenham, TW1 2AR
We are looking to bolster knowledge, industry experience and innovation in charitable unrestricted fundraising, such as but not limited to, events, corporates and third-party/challenge fundraising in our FCC. The FCC works with and advises the CEO, Finance and Operations Manager and other staff who carry out the charity’s unrestricted fundraising work.
- To bring experience and knowledge to the FCC around income generation, contributing ideas and industry good practice to help increase unrestricted income for the charity;
- To support the creation and adoption of a fundraising strategy for the charity;
- To provide advice and act as a sounding board to staff on particular fundraising matters in the delivery of the above.
You will be joining our friendly and professional trustee, staff and volunteer team. Please note this is not a trustee role.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of charity fundraising around unrestricted fundraising and community fundraising, and its different types including but not limited to fundraising events, challenge events, corporate volunteering;
- Passion and commitment to environment, heritage and/or sustainability issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including fostering and promoting a collaborative team environment.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of charity grant fundraising (so that you can help critique and enhance applications written by staff before submission).
To submit your candidacy, please send your CV and an email on how you meet the person specification and why you think you are a suitable candidate. Or, if you would like a chat about this role please contact Colin Cooper, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org