A flagship project of the Habitats team, Green Hubs, creates biodiversity hotspots within community areas to support biodiversity and reconnect the green corridors of south and west London.
We are looking for help supporting communities to maintain their Green Hub. This includes light gardening jobs such as weeding, pruning and planting; supporting community groups to make the most out of their Green Hub. Some gardening knowledge is beneficial.
Tasks will include:
- Agreeing appointments with local community groups
- Tending to Green Hubs in our network.
- Gardening work- variable depending on site
- Locations and work ranges can be defined by volunteer.
- Opportunity to get involved in other areas of the charity, including other nature conservation work.
Benefits to you:
This is a great opportunity for someone committed to conserving the natural and built environment and people wanting to give back to their local community.
Please read the full description for this role here: H&H Green Hub Ranger (Volunteer)
How to apply:
To express interest in this role please email Fran Batt at Francesca@habitatsandheritage.org.uk