Job Title: Community Development Manager
Hours: Permanent 3 days per week (21 hours)
Annual Salary: £28,000 (pro rata)
Employer: Habitats & Heritage
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: H&H Office at ETNA Community Centre, 13 Rosslyn Road, Twickenham TW1 2AR with flexibility to work from home. Attendance at meetings around south and west London required
Habitats & Heritage is the local charity that acts for the natural and historic environment and climate in south and west London. We take care of our local landscape; wildlife, ecosystems, and heritage as well as fostering sustainable behaviours by:
- Using our local knowledge and experience to lead the way in protecting and creating a better and more sustainable environment for everyone.
- Working in partnership with others to raise awareness and address local environmental and heritage issues.
- Bringing people together to better understand, learn and connect with and enjoy their local environment and heritage.
- Empowering and mobilising communities to enhance and maintain the spaces they care about.
- Building better quality habitats and ecosystems for nature and wildlife to thrive.
- Encouraging accessibility and involvement to ensure everyone enjoys and experiences the positive health and wellbeing benefits from spending time in our natural and historic environment.
We are based in Twickenham and work across the London Boroughs of: Richmond; Hounslow; Kingston; Wandsworth; and Merton.
We are looking to recruit a Community Development Manager who will lead our community development work facilitating the formation of new ‘friends of’ parks groups and community-led environmental groups to protect and enhance parks and green spaces. The Community Development Manager will also empower and capacity build existing groups to achieve their aims and work proactively to enable new initiatives and groups to establish. As even more people have come to realise, our parks and greens are vitally important for well-being as well as nature.
You will be joining our friendly, fun and professional staff, volunteers, intern and trustee team, who have a wealth of experience in protecting the environment, conserving heritage, supporting grassroots groups and management roles in the voluntary, public and business sectors.